Shipping a bike without packaging

SantaHul

Retro Guru
Does anybody have any idea how I can get an unpacked bike from the Cornwall area to Brighton without it being packed. I bought it thinking Paisley Freight did this service but it turns out they don't. It would be a days journey for me so I really want to find an alternative to driving. Don't mind if it get's scratched as it's battered anyway.

Seller says he hasn't got time to pack it. This was a condition of the sale so I can't really complain.

Anybody know any companies?

Just a thought, do you bus or train companies offer a delivery service? I think the ones here do, although i never used it.

Wouldn't the seller have to drop the bike off at the station for delivery though? I he won't pack it I doubt he'll do that unfortunately :-(

I did try Shiply but didn't specify the packaging thing (and the Paisley quote had been cheaper). Think I'll give it another try though.

Thanks for your replies guys

i had a bike shipped to me via the post office (parcel force) where the seller said they would pack and box bike up before sending it . on arrival with me the delivery man lectured me on packing parcels as he thought it had been badly packed , i couldnt agree any more as all the seller did was to wrap newspaper around the frame and put a bit string between the front wheel and down tube to stop the handlebars from rotating !

biggs682":1e6l7mot said:
i had a bike shipped to me via the post office (parcel force) where the seller said they would pack and box bike up before sending it . on arrival with me the delivery man lectured me on packing parcels as he thought it had been badly packed , i couldnt agree any more as all the seller did was to wrap newspaper around the frame and put a bit string between the front wheel and down tube to stop the handlebars from rotating !

Funny enough I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I received a frame with the fork sellotaped to the top tube and a layer of bin bag wrapped round that with a label with my address on, the postie delivered it with raised eyebrows :roll:

Back