hope rear hub dis/assembly

riddim-track

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wondering if anyone can tell me or point me in the right direction for info on putting this hub back to normal. I bought it online without noticing the axle runs through it the wrong way, as if the freewheel should be on the non drive side. It seems someone has re-spaced it maybe to use as a single speed? unless there's another explanation. I have another set of these built into CXP33s but never had to take them apart so probably worth me learning anyhow.

hub in question and existing wheelset below
hoperh24_zpsbc4fc96a.jpg

hopecxp331_zps58f6d44d.jpg

hopecxp333_zps911ee569.jpg

I am pretty sure that the ends just pull off as they are fixed using a couple of o rings on the axle.

You then have to tap the axle out with a plank of wood which pushes one of the bearings out.

Refitting is the reverse of this process

Pretty much and above just get the spacing right for 7 or 8 speed freewheels.
Or is a single speed version they made.

Hope website actually has the instructions on it. Tapping out may damage the bearing so be ready to change if they feel notchy. This happens as you cannot support the outer race when you wack one off

Ok thanks for the tips I'll give it a try but getting too involved until I find out about bearing availability. As it goes I remember now with the 32hole one I had built up it was possible to push the axle through a few mm by hand.

I've actually ditched the project so will be selling the hub, I have a couple of other hope hubs so if any interest let me know. The one pictured is 24hole I also have 32hole rear with freehub in silver and a 32hole front in blue (both later models than the one pictured.

FluffyChicken":2ax2dnhj said:
Pretty much and above just get the spacing right for 7 or 8 speed freewheels.
Or is a single speed version they made.

The spacing is identical to the one built up in the pics with a 8spd block... but a mirror image :roll:

Latest posts

Back