New bespoke frame decals - what do I ask for?

Postie John

Dirt Disciple
I'm getting pretty desperate for some new decals for a '73 Raleigh Flyer.
The internet, just isn't forthcoming.

So I'm thinking of going left-field.

My local print shop, judging by their window at least, are adamant they can do anything.
I'm going to turn up with the frame and saying 'I want that lot, new'.

I definitely won't know what the specifics entail, and I guess they won't either.
So in the very small chance they say 'yes', and 'no it will be merely a few pennies', does anyone know the technical aspect that makes for a proper decal?

Any pointers would be great, even though in the back of my mind I'm sure all the above is rubbish, not even possible, and I'm clutching at straws.

Cheers.

I've mailed them as I couldn't see anything even remotely 'flyer' on their stock list, including a couple of photos, so they knew what I was droning on about.
But they didn't reply, so I took that as a no.

I'm really gutted as the bike is pretty much ready to go, but for the flipping decals, grrrrr.

those restoration guys in cycling weekly all say they can get stickers copied. i spoke to ricky feather the other week . He knows some one who can do mettalic

decals

Try ringing Nickat lloyds. He is probably away as I have never known him not reply simply because he has no stock at the time. He is more than capable of making some for you if he has non.Even made me a chapter ring for a grandfather clock so there is not a lot he cant do
Regards
Peter

As a designer Ive redrawn lots of decals over the years. Getting a good facsimile of the original as well as a size and colour is critical.

Latest posts

Back