BSA Parabike

A friend of mine toured France last year and came across a second hand shop, hanging up was three para bike and he wanted 200 euro's each.

I watched a mint one on ebay not long back and it went for £1,400.

One crap un-restored para bike on ebay went for £300 but it needed new wheels/tyres/chain/saddle.

Ian Raleigh":3i03i9oz said:
A friend of mine toured France last year and came across a second hand shop, hanging up was three para bike and he wanted 200 euro's each.

What? Where?!?

:LOL:

Military history is one of my other hobbies. I need a Parabike now.

dynamicbrick":1jjtodak said:
Ian Raleigh":1jjtodak said:
What? Where?!? :LOL: Military history is one of my other hobbies. I need a Parabike now.

Me too [history wise]

I asked him why on earth why he did not buy them! He said there was no room in the van'
He went back this year to the same shop and asked about the bikes and got a reply of ''vendu''!!

Ian.

Just found a really good original example with all the bits on eBay for £1150

Which means a £200 ratter must be within the realms of possibility.

Putting that on the list of 2013 projects.

O/T What's you favourite period for history?

I've shipped two of these from the US to Italian collector friends and neither cot more than $300 and they were complete and rideable. I do believe that at £1500 they would need to be perfect and in excellent nick.

They are such beautiful utilitarian machines, I love 'em...although not quite enough to part with the better part of £2K though :D. If anyone is feeling really rather buoyant, there's a nice example currently for sale on eBay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-PARAT...0817011720?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1e754d3008
What a lil' beauty! just look at them lines! :)

If anyone out there is looking for additional information on the BSA Paratrooper Bicycle (and many of it's counterparts) check out this link:

http://oldbike.wordpress.com/1939-1945-ww2-bsa-airborne-folding-paratroopers-bike/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very nice.
I the end of the day santa will need deep pockets or max out the credit card.
Price; as with all things it is what it is worth to you.

Considering they made 70,000 of them, and they don't seem that uncommon, £1170 is a ridiculous amount of money.

Still, I have my heart set on one. I don't doubt it's bloody heavy, and horrendously geared for the hills of Brighton... but that is irrelevant - have one I must*

*until the next fad materialises, in which case I'll forget all about it

dynamicbrick":2lz93jhi said:
Still, I have my heart set on one. I don't doubt it's bloody heavy, and horrendously geared for the hills of Brighton... but that is irrelevant - have one I must*
Have you actually ridden a para bike ?
Let me tell you the 'push in' pedal axles are fun to turn with shoes! Best used traditional army boots with a big heel.

Back