Date my Colnago Master X-Lite

BigFoz

Retro Guru
Anyone know when Colnago first released the X-Lite version of the Master. I have this one below, and am not sure of age. It's got 126MM rear spacing, so it has to be earlier than my '94 Tecnos which is 130MM.

main.php

I'd actually say it was '96-'99. In '93 they released the master olympic which was stopped due to copyright, then they released the master light then I thought came the x-light. I had about ten colnago catalogues from the '90's which makes me pretty sure on this....
Shawn.

I've just found a picture of a 40th anniversry catalogue I had, this was from '94 and the masterlight was current that year so the master x-light still hadn't been produced..... I'll see if I can find a picture of your model.
Shawn.

Seems strange that your frame has 126mm rear spacing. I don't recall any Master X-light having 126mm rear spacing.

My '96 Tecnos measured 127mm with a micrometer! It had been sitting unbuilt for years, maybe before that it had a 6 speed 126mm hub on the rear and that closed it up a bit.....
I bet the rear end on this would very easily spring out to 130mm with a gentle tug?
Shawn.

It opens up no problem, and I run it on 9spd without an issue (Though a "13" is a bit close to the dropout). But it does have to be opened up by hand to get the wheel in.

Latest posts

Back