I D Help reqd on Indian Bikes racer

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
been asked to help id this i geuss 80's onwards racer , both the headstock and main tube have transfers on showing a Red Indians Head ! Other decals state 'Team Mountain ' with a small 'Setlaz' sticker on the fr forks .

its a steel frame and fork set that hits 11.5 kg with a real mix of parts on it including some very heavy alloy wheels and old steel pedals .

bottom bracket has this frame number on drive side YF99I08890 and 7TD on non drive side , my first thought were Giant but the Peletons i have seen before all had a G stamped on one of the rear drop outs but this one does not .

so help please

Attachments

• indian2.jpg
    indian2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 290
forgot to upload actual pic of bike before work commenced .

so any suggestions to poss id would be great

Attachments

• indian1.jpg
    indian1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 292
I know this post is from last year but i have only just spotted it.
I used to own this very frame and forks and it is a raleigh R200 from about 2001.
A friend of mine bought it new and removed all the original stickers and upgaded it heavilly before asking me to transfer all the parts onto a NOS look frame and forks.He gave me the old frame as payment.
I think i sold it at a carboot or possibly on ebay a few years later? good to see it being used again and i hope the info is usefull.

Back