winter storage

Top tip from me! Buy several cheap big bags of house-hold salt, nothing special!

Get yourself a few big plastic trays or serial bowls, Place a 1inch layer of salt in them and put them in the corners of the inside of your shed!
The salt will draw in the moisture and the tray/bowl of salt will get very wet to the point they will be full of water within weeks.

The old salt can either be dried in a hot oven or thrown on the kerb and new salt used.

You can also do this in the loft! You will be surprised how much water it will pull in.

bikenut2010":1bk1q75k said:
ah ah, I was thinking of silica gel, those little bags you get in guitar cases but no idea where to buy it!

Those packets are not enviro' friendly and to dry them out you need to stick' em on a rad' for a few hours

Ian Raleigh":24rsxwdd said:
bikenut2010":24rsxwdd said:
ah ah, I was thinking of silica gel, those little bags you get in guitar cases but no idea where to buy it!

Those packets are not enviro' friendly and to dry them out you need to stick' em on a rad' for a few hours

yep thought that's why I couldn't buy it with the lentils and oats :)

salt it is then ... don't spose it can rust the frames through airborne content? as in don't by a car from a seaside town ( back the days of alfa suds etc ...)

bikenut2010":3l8xawxa said:
don't spose it can rust the frames through airborne content? as in don't by a car from a seaside town ( back the days of alfa suds etc ...)

How does something that sits still in a tray that is 'wet' gets air born :LOL:

Cars by the seaside don't last because the sun evaporates the sea and drops the salty water on standing cars!

You'll be amazed how much water salt drags in, make sure the bowl is out of the way so you don't kick it...lol

Back