Frightening ride today!

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Me and my friend went out today! A passing BIFFA lorry nearly took us both under his wheels!
No regard for our safety and there is no way he couldn't have seen us as we both were wearing
Hi-Viz jackets and 1 watt flashing rear lights, His pass was the sort of 'punishment pass' you get
from motorists, Got his reg' number and I've made a serious complaint about the company and the driver.

Just waiting for a return call to see what is to happen next.

My poor Raleigh received scuffs on the side-walls due to brushing up against the kerb and just cleaned my shorts!!!!

Glad you and you pal are OK.

I recently reported a local taxi that attempted to squash me against the kerb. I've heard nothing back, but knowing our local authority that's not really a surprise.

I hope you went as far up the management chain as possible. I have always found that the best way to get the attention of a manager, is to have his Managing Director call him :shock:

NeilM":1r7evkmf said:
Glad you and you pal are OK.
I recently reported a local taxi that attempted to squash me against the kerb. I've heard nothing back, but knowing our local authority that's not really a surprise.
I hope you went as far up the management chain as possible. I have always found that the best way to get the attention of a manager, is to have his Managing Director call him :shock:

Shook my mate up terribly.

I phoned head office up to make the complaint and at first I was talking to a 'Public complaints' then was told the Manager of Biffa will phone me ASAP.

Ian,

Get onto the Police - Careless Driving!! A whiskey to calm - Doctor's Orders and Persil!

Ian Raleigh":mezif8u4 said:
Shook my mate up terribly.

I phoned head office up to make the complaint and at first I was talking to a 'Public complaints' then was told the Manager of Biffa will phone me ASAP.

If you don't get the phone call, just go straight to the top, as my experience is that these guys really do want to know about this sort of thing.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the driver gets called into his transport managers office... chain of command, snowballs getting bigger as the roll down hill and all that ;)

As for Persil, never drink the stuff myself, as it gives me a terrible headache.

TGR":1h074kax said:
Ian,
Get onto the Police - Careless Driving!! A whiskey to calm - Doctor's Orders and Persil!
Bingo Neil & Richard!!

Just had a return phone call from the area Managing Director about the report and it
hasn't gone down too well with him as he cycles to work and 'all' the drivers are trained to
overtake safely. I gave the Manager a full report of the incident and he is to drag the driver in
Monday morning and is to seriously sort him out Manager will be phoning me back Monday afternoon.

Reporting drivers to the Police around here is worthless as they have no interest in any such reports.

Whisky later on!

NeilM":3msrn8ls said:
OUTSTANDING!
Rocking :)

The Managing Director says he is shocked that one of his drivers have acted this way and all the drivers know 'I the Director' cycles to
and fro' to work and loves his cycling at the weekend and for one of his drivers to nearly kill two cyclists is totally unacceptable.

been there, done it and in my particular case it was a small family firm, i got a call from the boss to apologise and i quote ''the lad will not do it again because after the b**locking i gave him it will be half of what his mum will give him when we get home" :D
Lucky lad as my usual cycling partner at the time was a WPC and i was on my way to meet her.

Scary moment but thankfully looks like its not been taken lightly. How were you riding at the time of the event....2 abreast, single file? Be good to get some info.

When riding with just 2 of us, I tend to do single file as feel very vulnerable riding 2 up side by side.

Anyhow, hope this prick gets his arse back ont plate!

Back