do you yearn for more drop?

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I reckon these were the very bars that inspired the invention of the lo-pro. They may yet turn out to be an important historical artefact :) .

Probably a bit of both, but bars with 165mm drop look enormously droopy compared to most modern bars. It's usually track bars with the big 165-170mm drop.

I think the bars on that bike are what are known as MANS bars.Used when men were men (before a bad back was a reason not to ride)and women stayed at home to cook and clean.Ask Al he uses them all the time.

I guess these bars are from the days when people rode much bigger frames than currently fashionable. The top of the bars would be slightly below the saddle, so the drops would be bigger than modern bars.

Whereas now stems are really long and bar tops are much lower than the saddle but the brake levers are at the same height as the bar tops or even higher. And the bars have very little forward reach and hardly any drop at all.

Latest posts

Back