Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:37 pm 
Dirt Disciple

BigFoz wrote:

My 3 little ladies... One in middle is being resprayed currently, after 16 years of use from new. The Master X-Lite on LHS is going to be stripped and the frame sold, so I can replace it with one in the right size. I thought I could make the smaller size fit, but it's always felt a little small when riding it. As you can see, the handlebars come up very low compared to the other two bikes. Other than that I got it pretty close.

Hi,

Three nice rides there, I was just wondering the bar extensions that you have on the middle Colnago are they still on the market?

I know they were popular in the mid 90's before the UCI banned them as the pros that used them were having accidents in the bunches with them. I'm in the process of building up my distance on the bike again and it would just be nice sometimes to have an extra position. I've had a quick scout around but can't seem to find any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

SuperSonic wrote:
I was just wondering the bar extensions that you have on the middle Colnago are they still on the market?

I know they were popular in the mid 90's before the UCI banned them as the pros that used them were having accidents in the bunches with them. I'm in the process of building up my distance on the bike again and it would just be nice sometimes to have an extra position. I've had a quick scout around but can't seem to find any.

I can't see clearly but guess they are Cinelli Spinacci and they are pretty cheap on eBay - here's a pair (not mine!) for £11 posted
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cinelli-Clip- ... 2334133%26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 pm 
Dirt Disciple

ededwards wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:
I was just wondering the bar extensions that you have on the middle Colnago are they still on the market?

I can't see clearly but guess they are Cinelli Spinacci and they are pretty cheap on eBay - here's a pair (not mine!) for £11 posted
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cinelli-Clip- ... 2334133%26

Thanks mate. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 pm 
Retro Guru

They are indeed Cinelli Spinaci extensions. I like them. i put them on the CT2 for hilly TTs / Tris as well as they provide additional climbing positions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

Here is the one i used to own .Spent stupid moneny restoring it,the sold frame and forks to H Stone at a bargain price :?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... 4672968250

It was my first retro rebuild.paid a tenner for the frame and some early campy record bits :shock:
As you can see i never quite finished it.H told me it was one of their early frame sets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Citoyen du monde wrote:
I have had very good business ties to Colnago and know all three generations of the family very well (Ernesto and his brother, their children and their grandchildren). I purchased my first Colnago in the late 70's and have had over a dozen pass through my hands since that first purchase. I have not however ever kept a single one for more than 2 years and would not dream of paying market price either for a new or even vintage one. I simply don't see the value. Compare this to multiple De Rosa bikes in my garage, multiple Cinelli's, as well as many others... all of which I have kept long-term and will continue to keep long-term. In my view, Colnago is a safe item for beginner collectors. The prices are well-known, the quality control is sufficient to severely limits the "dogs" and a collector can get satisfaction from knowing that other collectors, no matter how serious, will "recognise" them as like-minded spirits. Try that with some obscure master-builder! Take for example the Marastoni bike I have offered up in this month's RBotM; I can assure you that it is superior in every way to any Colnago that I have ever owned: in ride, in geometry, in workmanship, in finish... however put it in front of people without serious knowledge and it will pass almost unnoticed, just the opposite of a Colnago.

sure?
you are talking about the most winning cycling brand in the world......is it only an occurrance?
this only a sample of a colnago model genesis(c40) [url]http://www.mariocamilotto.com/
colnago race geometries are still simply perfect....
[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Citoyen du monde wrote:
I have had very good business ties to Colnago and know all three generations of the family very well (Ernesto and his brother, their children and their grandchildren). I purchased my first Colnago in the late 70's and have had over a dozen pass through my hands since that first purchase. I have not however ever kept a single one for more than 2 years and would not dream of paying market price either for a new or even vintage one. I simply don't see the value. Compare this to multiple De Rosa bikes in my garage, multiple Cinelli's, as well as many others... all of which I have kept long-term and will continue to keep long-term. In my view, Colnago is a safe item for beginner collectors. The prices are well-known, the quality control is sufficient to severely limits the "dogs" and a collector can get satisfaction from knowing that other collectors, no matter how serious, will "recognise" them as like-minded spirits. Try that with some obscure master-builder! Take for example the Marastoni bike I have offered up in this month's RBotM; I can assure you that it is superior in every way to any Colnago that I have ever owned: in ride, in geometry, in workmanship, in finish... however put it in front of people without serious knowledge and it will pass almost unnoticed, just the opposite of a Colnago.

sure?
you are talking about the most winning brand in the cycling history,is it simply an occurrence?
this is only a sample on the genesis of a colnago model,the c40...[url]http://www.mariocamilotto.com/
in the steel era,colnago had several subcontractors who worked for him,like mario rossin,spezzotto and may others famous frame builders...
colnago race geometries are still simply perfect....[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:45 pm 
Old School Grand Master

This is my Super From 1986
Well i think it is

Can anyone guide me in the right direction on year and tubing
What do you think
Here a few photos after a bit of work done.
I have spent some money on the baby since,panto'd components etc,but still original paint etc.
Molteni Orange?????
No it's not faded red paint!

Hope you like it.
I won't part with it

Malc

Attachments:
Colnago Super.jpg
Colnago Super.jpg [ 229.88 KiB | Viewed 891 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Citoyen du monde wrote:

if you don't see the value doesn't matter,there is the cycling history that speak very well,along with the ride quality of all the colnago models.
you can see the value of a man and of his brand by his collaborators,last but not the least mr Mario Camilotto......
Marastoni.....who??http://www.mariocamilotto.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:33 am 
Retro Guru

http://classicrendezvous.com/Italy/marastoni.htm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next