Edison Cycles to close this year!

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Sorry to say this guys and some may know this frame builder but Chris at Edison Cycles in Clowne is to close his doors by the end of the year 😢

He will still carry on making frame-sets at his home but the shop will be gone, So another time served mint engineer is to go.

He hardly gets anyone coming to in for repairs/spares and blames internet sales and big shops like Evan/JE James for loss of business.

I will miss his 'proper' bike shop, Yes it maybe not the cleanest place but it's a truly retro bike shop were REAL bikes was born.

Last edited:
Chris

Chris is a great and talented guy. When I first came to the UK and bought my Merckx frame, Chris fitted BB & headset, aligned everything and built my wheels, Open Pro's on Ultegra hubs, and Sapim super light spokes as he reckoned at my weight anything more would be too harsh. That bike has done a truely lot of miles in the ten years since, but those wheels are still straight, true and looking like new.
I was just thinking of him the other day.
Shame its come to closing for him, its a big loss I believe, though with not getting down that way much now I must admit its been a good while since I last graced his shop.

Jamie

What a shame its a proper proper bike shop! Have some stuff to do up in that neck of the woods soon- looking forward to popping in.

Back