Orange Dynamo Info Wanted

andybike

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi~ Have managed to get a Dynamo after a long search.Fairly original I think~105 Kit,Mavic rims ,Hope hubs.
This is an ali framed model(the second run?)and just needs air and a touch of oil.Frame number is A304083
Just wondering about age and what is original?Also was this a Halifax bike/frame built elsewhere? Not a lot of Knowledge about Dynamos.Believed to be bought from Aire Valley at Keighley(same shop as my Clockwork in 89).
Am after info ready to sort it out~What would be correct for bike but do I go down the modern kit route?.Will be used so not aiming at a show bike.
Thanks Andy :D :?

Attachments

• Orange Dynamo 003 (800x600).jpg
    Orange Dynamo 003 (800x600).jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 894
  • Orange Dynamo 004 (800x600).jpg
    Orange Dynamo 004 (800x600).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 894
i have the dynamo2, it's similar to yours but with a wishbone rear end, they were made in taiwan, the A-pro factory i believe. i think mine rides really nice, surprisingly comfortable for a complete aluminium bike, i got my frame and fork NOS as a present from a former boss, i built mine with 9 speed record and itm millennium finishing kit and fork.

i'd leave it as is and ride it if i were you, there's nothing wrong with the kit that is on it, all functional stuff. they were supplied from Orange with either 105 or ultegra 8 speed groups, and the hope hubs were an upgrade option.

:)

Cracking find - I wanted one for ages, but recently(ish) sold mine. Jimladen on this forum also owns an aluminium Dynamo.

The only thing I would change on your bike is the bar tape. I wouldn't interfere with any of the hardware.

Dynamo

Thanks for tip of checking forks.Look to be the originals so will be out with best glasses on tomm checking.will be changing bar tape as is worse than it looks and then on the road :D
Thanks Andy

yeah, forgot about the fork issue, they were known for dying on these (and my one) which is why i run a carbon ITM millennium.

:)

Re:

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I'd appreciate some advice regrading my Orange Dynamo.
I read that the forks are prone to failing, mine are the original forks that came with my bike... could someone give me some advice on how to check mine for potential faults as I'm getting worried about them failing on me at 40mph! Thank you!

111403277.jpg

Back