LEJOG - anyone done it?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of having ago next year and will probably get the CTC pack but wondering if anyone has done it and got any tips?

Montello":3cow33ek said:
I have, take a look here. I documented my perpetration and tips for the benefit of others.

I have also started logging my research on my montello and a recent trip from nice to Geneva.

http://www.lejog4amr.co.uk/index.shtml

It's a great adventure. Go for it.

Excellent stuff, many thanks.

bagpuss":3cow33ek said:
Back in 1992 when i was a lad..... :roll:
pull up a sandbag and i will tell you a story.

Go for it. ;)

Hearing the story would be great.

Re:

Carlrl on here did it this year. In 6 days. Taking in the Peaks for good measure too! :shock:
Just how much it is possible to hate ones self?!

Good luck Ed. Look forward to the write up. If your previous adventures are anything to go by, it will be a cracker! ;)

Mike

Hi Ed, theres a bed here for you when you finish if you want :)
We are only a few miles from Groats so you can sort your return from here if you like.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Montello":1rf3rgsk said:
Mike Muz 67":1rf3rgsk said:
Carlrl on here did it this year. In 6 days. Taking in the Peaks for good measure too! :shock:

6 days. That is impressive. When I did it the weather was awful and we took 9 days. It was a tough tour.

Indeed, especially given the build up he had. Knocked off while commuting or training, damaging his knee. And knackering his bike. Then builing back up to it slowly by doing turbo riding to raise money for charity.

Good bloke ! ;)

Re:

Too long ago now. Only goes back 8 pages and I've been very busy lately. I seem to remember the shock at how many miles he did each day

How ever long you are thinking of doing it over, give yourself longer.
I did it in July with my mate 1000 miles in 6 days for Charity, we managed it but wish we had taken longer as we had no time to stop and take in the countryside. We only stopped to pee,eat and take on supplies.
http://ridewithgps.com/users/425234/routes

Back