Nostalgia aint what it used to be...

531 pro

rBotM Winner
Sorry for the radio silence of late - been too busy out and about rediscovering the junior road racer I once was (sort of!). Subject of which, remember this lithe fit young chap from 1990?

Piddlehinton1991.jpg

Well look what I found the other day! Having lost 3 stone since Alpe d'Huez and the Col des Aravis, it still fits (hmmm...sort of). Are you noticing the sponsor on the sleeve? That's right, our club was sponsored by the 'infamous' ANC (of ANC Halfords fame). They rode pearl white Peugeot's s well.

Untitled.jpg

All this can mean only one thing: timetravel back to my old 10 mile TT course and a veteran attack on my PB time - and to counteract the inevitable scoffs of my incredulous fellow competitors on their carbon low pro's I'm going to have to be really fast! One thing's for sure, the old Pug Aravis won't be holding me back. It rides absolutely superbly - lovin it!!

bay of pigs

Say what you like about ebay, but where else could you type in 'Time TBT shoes in size 12' and then three days later get these delivered:

DSCF0543.jpg

Always wanted a pair of these but couldn't afford them on my paper round wages (hence the cheap Time 'sport' versions above!). By the way, has anything interesting happened in cycling since 1988?

slight human error

...just realised I accidentally hit 'new topic' instead of 'reply' to my age old Peugeot Aravis RBoTM build thread...hey ho

Re: slight human error

531 pro":25zjup5p said:
...just realised I accidentally hit 'new topic' instead of 'reply' to my age old Peugeot Aravis RBoTM build thread...hey ho

Never mind, shouldn't really be in Readers' Bikes unless a Mod can shift it.

I know a couple of ex-Bournemouth area riders living up here these days, one of them (ex Arrow) used to work in one of the LBS's. The other is a Jubilee man.

Never Mind Lad... Love the old Photos..

Rooting around I found this from our long forgotten Cycling Club in 1988

6808573657_7216cff6a7_z.jpg

I am 5th from the left of the bottom row !

I was on a Peugeot 103 Carbolite with 27x1"1/4 steel wheels and painted up the same as Stephen Roches 1987 Tour winning Battaglin :oops:

I used to drool over the bikes the boys had then .. Loved and still love Peugeots.. Now I have 4 and counting...

This is me on the 979 :D

7777275726_f2c947706c.jpg

Re: slight human error

Old Ned":24yokmzn said:
I know a couple of ex-Bournemouth area riders living up here these days, one of them (ex Arrow) used to work in one of the LBS's. The other is a Jubilee man.

I wonder who that is then?

if i remember correctly i stayed at the fircroft hotel way back when i use to race.we where down there for a training weekend then rode out to the perf,s pedal race if i remember correctly. i think we all got a ticking of from the hotel managment for eating to much breakfast :D

Fircroft Hotel

This thread is turning into a bit of a digression - but seeing as we're here!

fircrofthotel.jpg

All gone now.

You're not the only one to get told off by the management. One monday club night I disconnected the rubber straps underneath the seat cushions in the hotel lounge. Apparently a lot of the guests were on a Saga holiday and not too pleased :oops: Bloomin funny though.

...things you do as a Junior eh

Back