Wheels!!!!

retroracer

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys,

I am after some 700c wheels and am prepared to pay up-to £250, I want them to be very light, not carbon and be able to cope with extreme climb hills. My plan is to build a new retro racer that is a sleeper that can do just as much as the new boys!!! Any advice would be great!!! I don't mind if they are seconds.

Thank you,

James.

I'd go for a classic setup of decent silver hubs (Campag Chorus / Record or Dura Ace if you must) and Mavic Open Pro or Ambrosio Excellence. It looks good on anything. For a slightly more retro look, choose any high-flange front hub.

Campyoldy has Excellence in stock.

Do you want make retro wheels or new look for example 20/24 h ??? what is your weight ??

I have a retro road bike and modern wheels, look very good i think.

Its hard for me to see past the Mavic GP4, Campag C Record hubs and a decent set of tubs !

I was running my Vitus 979 on Mavic MA40's - I noticed a good difference when I switched over to GP4's - Or else I am getting fitter !

There are endless possibilites

I've got a mint set of Mavic Helium clinchers, not super light at 1700g but they are super smooth and look the dogs. will throw in some near new Schwalbe Stelvio tyres.
£200 posted

Back