Campagnolo Stratos road groupset

ScillySuffolk

Retro Guru
Browsing through the catalogue scans, I stumbled over the above: I've never seen a reference to this group before and wondered if anyone else had?

Being as the 1994 catalogue is the German edition I wondered if it was a market specific groupset, but I've not heard of these before.

From it's position in the catalogue it is a bottom-of-the-range road group and apparently produced for one year only...

Wasn't stratos below veloce? I guess it was dropped because you couldn't really go much lower than veloce :)

Shaun

My Duell Pursuit has more or less full Stratos (pedals are 105). It functions well enough and the bike is a beauty with the added bonus of having been built in my city (well municipality, but close enough). Anyway, having ergo(ish) shifters is like living in the future compared to my other bikes :).

Attachments

• pursuit.jpg
    pursuit.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,513
Nice photo ata: quite a rarity you have there! I'm looking forward to building my first bike with Ergo shifters this Winter: welcome to the late 20th century!

Yes Shaun it was below Veloce: curiously the next year they dropped Stratos and introduced Mirage and Avanti which were both below Veloce and both persevered until 2000.

Latest posts

Back