L'eroica Delta brake heaven

chainguard

Old School Hero
There's a nice write up of this year's l'eroica on road.cc. Some very good photos too, particularly those showing the outrageous quantities of rather nice old Campagnolo parts available on the stalls, which surely must come close to retro-biking spare part heaven...

http://road.cc/content/feature/68646-l’eroica-good-old-fashioned-bike-ride

it's retro heaven indeed, where else can you ride with 5500 retro riders with bikes spanning the last 100 yrs

before eroica I can only remember knowing two people who had delta brakes in the 80s... there's more on this stall

DSCN0210 by gmac123, on Flickr

or try this for proper proper retro

DSCN0207 by gmac123, on Flickr

the threads on my stem clamp gave in the night before the event, so back in the car, 8pm at night, some stalls still open upon arrival, found a stem and installed whilst helpful stall owners fussed about holding lights and finding tools... happy days, you canny beat it

I visited that stand in the top pic. 18 euro for the pair repro hoods. Being Dutch I decided it would be wise to look around further before doing a purchase. You never know. In the end I got hands on two pair for 15 pp. That is a very sympathic price.

There was a lot nice stuff on the fleamarket. I like the idea of bringing an Italian town&country bike to Holland next time.

Back