Stubbon BB insert

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

The drive side BB section is stubbonly stuck in still ...

I have been soaking in plus gas for a few days and will have another go at it tomorrow.

It's one of those ones with 2 flats that you attack with a large spanner.

The ammount of the insert outside of the BB is probably only 2-3mm so you havn't go much to get hold of.

I was considering heating the BB shell with a hot air gun to get a bit of heat into it ... any thoughts on this plan?

Below is the offending article

bb-stuck.jpg

stick it in a vice and turn the frame round , should give you more leverage .

and are you sure you are turning the right way ? if it is italian bb , it is the other way round .

Its Italian so I assume it is right hand thread.

I like the vice idea, not sure my vice has enough clearance around it but will see.

Any thoughts on the hot air gun for a bit of heat?

Montello":28z2tejt said:
Its Italian so I assume it is right hand thread.

I like the vice idea, not sure my vice has enough clearance around it but will see.

Any thoughts on the hot air gun for a bit of heat?

A hot air gun will make no difference. You need to clamp the cup and use leverage on the cup, or clamp the cup and use the frame as leverage.

It is an Italian threaded BB so has a std threading.

That cyclus one is similar to the one we had in our bike shop, only ours came with different inserts to fit different BB cups :D

27 quid seems a bargain :D
Shaun

Messed about with the vice for a while ... no joy.

Went to the LBS borrowed the clamp on cyclos type too .... bent the handles on that and gaver up :cry:

I will aks the painter (who also does frame repairs) to dela with it. I will need heat and if that dosn't work cutting out.

Thanks for the tips but this is now beyond what I can do.

Back