Know of any raw-rubber/amber/butterscotch coloured 700c tire

crossrider

Dirt Disciple
Good day all,

Been trawling the web for them for my klein quantum pro to no avail. Admittedly inspired by tioga psychos and porcs. Very much wish to try out a build with tires of these colour on my road ride.

Has anyone seen /can anyone recall seeing them/ know their brands and models?

Thanks for reading!

Hi!
I supposse you want clinchers, not tubulars.
Schwalbe has the Luganos with skinwalls. Michelin Dynamic Classic is another option.
Regards

Hope you don't fall out with me Tel !! I had too many comments about my Gios saying it looks like a fixie with the white-wall tyres :oops: :evil:

I got myself some Challenge Fort 'open tubulars' from PlanetX are they ride just like tubs and look the business too and at £50 a pair won't break the bank.
Not punctured yet and having covered 400 miles on the Gios I have not encountered any problems with these tyres.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/TYC ... bular_tyre

The Veloflex tyres tyres in my opinion is ''THE BEST'' open tubular going but they are a swine to get on and off the rims.

Challenge Fort open tubs as fitted to my Gios.
gios2004.jpg

My old Vittoria Open Corsa amberwalls are really easy to get on and off, on MA2s.

Veloflex are really ruining the look of their tyres with that huge and ugly logo.

fiks":2ckn7udl said:
My old Vittoria Open Corsa amberwalls are really easy to get on and off, on MA2s.
Veloflex are really ruining the look of their tyres with that huge and ugly logo.
Yeh the vittoria Open Corsa are also an excellent tyre too and the fitment is very easy indeed.
A link to someone who sells the VOC tyres....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vittoria-Open ... 331wt_1271

I got to agree with you on the Veloflex logo! It is way toooo big.
The best way to remove the large Veloflex logo is to use white spirit! A couple of lights soaks and it softens the logo, then just rub it off.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

£40 for one made in Thailand tyre??!! The price should be more like the Challenge Forte Open Tubular.

The £30 Italian made Veloflex Master seems like a bargain in comparison.

EDIT it seems the 'normal' Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX, ie blackwall with coloured tread, is £29, but the amberwall version, Vittoria Open Corsa Evo SC, is about £38.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got Rivendell Ruffy Tuffys on my bike - really nice tyres - handsome, 28c width, gumwall, reasonably fast and grippy, and good puncture protection. They do a lighter, faster version called the Roly Poly, too. The downside is that they were £60 a pair!

Strangely my bike (Gazelle Champion Mondial AB, early 80s) can fit 28c tyres and normal SKS mudguards (i.e. not road-racers or crud catchers), but it doesn't have mudguard eyelets - I have to use p-clips. Odd and slightly annoying.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE REPLIES, LOVE THIS FORUM TO BITS!!!

i spotted some michelin bi axials (i pmed him to ask) on a fellow members bike, those are no longer made but they have that look too

Back