Steptoe

Retro Newbie
Hello all I'm new to all this just got back into cycling and wanted something retro back from my youth! A friend of mine said I have an old bike I used for racing in my barn needs a bit of work you can have it free. So a bike arrived I don't know much about it except It was light so any help with colours and I need a new seat would be helpful this is what I know.
Raleigh.
Has team banana wrote all over it and Reynolds
At present a la salle seat
531 stamped on frame and forks
Shimano gearing
Colours are a black,blue and yellow
Also has alloy compango wheels

So I serviced gearing all works fine went for a ride all good as said before would like to put on a new seat in keeping and respraying is it worth it or should I just leave it.

Welcome to the site! The 531 stickers refer to the Reynolds tubing the bike is made from. Depending on the bike, this will form all or just the 3 main tubes. Either way its good stuff.

Before going for a respray, try a dman good wash, T-Cut and polish. Clean all the oily bits too. Check the tyres very carefully. Repacing them would be an astute move. Cable inners/outers may also need replacing or lubing at the very least.

Take a little time to make sure it fits as well as possible too!

Get some pictures up as well!

IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0200.jpg

cant believe that worked lol. also im after advice tried to raise seat today and it wont budge any ideas

Back