Basso loto

negaultra7

The Number Of The Beast
Does anybody have any views on Basso Loto race bikes, i have the chance to purchase one but would like to know more about them, it has Campagnolo running gear and mavic rims
any views would be great
thanks
Neil

Basso quality control was always good :D looked like Cinelli frames until you spotted the panto work.

Any pics?

Shaun

Yes, I've got two.
The earlier generation has Cinelli stamped lugs. The top seatpost lug has the Cinelli logo on it. The paint is thinner on the earlier ones and the lugwork is finer.
They ride well and are as tough as old boots. I "T boned" a locked gate on mine at full downhill pelt. Picked it up and rode home, the LBS pulled the headtube straightish and I'm still riding it 20 years later. It was in a bad state as it would only turn in one direction.

The newer ones have thicker paint and some have a nice pearl colour. The lugs aren't stamped Cinelli although they may well be. I can't vouch for the strength on the later ones, as I am yet to repeat that particular stunt.

So all in all they're nice bikes. And they've got a bit of panto, of course. which isn't a bad thing in my book :D

here are some pictures there not the best quality

here are some pictures there not the best quality

KGrHqFpMFpdblweBQYSloP60_12-1.jpg

KGrHqNnMFWkKPE0BQYTvLdw60_12.jpg

T2eC16ZzoE9s5ngLcbBQYUoGYjw60_12-1.jpg

T2eC16dHJIIE9qTYLiHrBQYTMreQQ60_12.jpg

KGrHqNrcFBFMqbeQ0BQYVWT-Ig60_12.jpg

any views would be great
thanks for your time
Neil

Well worth £50, especially if the corrosion around the internal cabling of the top tube is superficial (weakness of this frame)...

sHAUN

A no brainer for £50 and a quality frame and would easily justify spending a couple of hundred £ on for a professional refurb if desired.

Back