Boston Market - Wedsdays ? !

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Does anyone live in Lincolnshire and visit the Boston Auction Market ?

Not been to the market for years and there was always numerous bikes up for auction on a Wedsday,
Well I decided as I was on holiday in Costa-Ingoldmells I decided to take a trip out to see if they
still did the auctions and to my surprise they still do the auctions and there was a good two rows of
bikes ranging from really old stuff to retro 80's 'racers' and BMX's, well it was nice to see a few old 'racers'
going for not much more than £5 - £20 and there was even a TI Raleigh bike which went for just over £30,
I didn't bid but somehow I reckon the red/black/yellow Raleigh will be on ebay soon for much more :?

I must visit Boston again soon as one day there will be a bargin to be had.

Sounds like there were plenty of bargains to be had. Even old a scrappers sell for reasonable money on eBay....

Its all good fun Tel!
No mad commission charges at the end of the bidding and everyone has a laugh even some bids start at £1 and finish at £4 for a bike without any wheels..lol

I got my first decent 'racer' from Boston way back in 1977 and if I remember the winning bid was £1.30p ish :LOL:

Ha! Sounds great but a very dangerous place for someone like me to attend. I'd clean up probably buying anything and everything and my wife would kill me!

Boston is a great place to look around and checkout the locked up bikes near the market stalls!!!

I spotted a great piece of kit which had a massive mushroom saddle - handlebars upturned - This unloved grubby bike was a green vintage Curly Hetchins :shock:

I've seen it on the stalls where they have had job lots of bikes and many of them sheds but as always there is a pearler in them worth hundreds

Ian Raleigh":26kgaiak said:
Boston is a great place to look around and checkout the locked up bikes near the market stalls!!!

I spotted a great piece of kit which had a massive mushroom saddle - handlebars upturned - This unloved grubby bike was a green vintage Curly Hetchins :shock:

I've seen it on the stalls where they have had job lots of bikes and many of them sheds but as always there is a pearler in them worth hundreds

This is the one in Punchbowl Lane?

If so it's sometimes super good - I've not bought bikes there.

Roadking.

roadking":ifsfcyah said:
This is the one in Punchbowl Lane?If so it's sometimes super good - I've not bought bikes there.Roadking.
No the market site for the auctions is on Wide Bargate near the war memorial, Just off John Adams Way. Centre of Boston.

Ian Raleigh":5r3069xc said:
roadking":5r3069xc said:
This is the one in Punchbowl Lane?If so it's sometimes super good - I've not bought bikes there.Roadking.
No the market site for the auctions is on Wide Bargate near the war memorial, Just off John Adams Way. Centre of Boston.

Just 30 mins down the road from me...might pop along on Wednesday for a look.

Cheers, Rk.

Ian Raleigh":gpnm7a9c said:
I got my first decent 'racer' from Boston way back in 1977 and if I remember the winning bid was £1.30p ish :LOL:

What was it? Nicer than your Gios? ;)

Back