Help Identifying 1948 Raleigh

Docbilly

Retro Newbie
Hello Guys. About a month ago I Bought from a friend´s dad a cool vintage Raleigh. Its been hanged on a wall for the last 30 years. Acording to the frame its a 1948 bike(Serial AM5503) and the 3 speed Sturmey Archer hub its a 47. The guy has owned it since he was 14, formely his cousin bike, who owned it for a couple of years since new. I´ve been wondering around different forums and I´d like to have your opinion. Maybe someone has read about this somewhere else. The handlebar has been changed(generating a slight crack on the stem, as described by Sheldon Brown, for being a slighly thicker handlebar), the seat was not original(I already bought a Brooks B17N on Dark Brown), and the bike has a repaint. The rest of the parts are original.
With great help from the guys at bikeforums, i found out this might be a 1948 #28 Super Sports. The thing is Super Sports that year came on orange only, and as the former owner has known the bike since it was new, he swore the bike has always been green, never orange, and that it was repainted as similar as possible to the orginal colour.
The other suspect was that it might be a 1948 Lenton Clubman. Some details match and some not.
I´m trying to find out what bike it is, because I intend to get the right decals from H Lloyds cycles and he has both sets, for Super Sports and for Clubman.
Already also bought some nice Panaracer Pasela kevlar tires, Sturmey Archer cables, Brooks Champion Tool Bag, Sturmey Archer top tube cable clips.
Any help or ideas will be apreciated.

Some Facts about the bike:

It has a 46 tooth chainring.
Center to Top= 56cm/22inch
Center to Center= 54cm/22.63inch
Top Tube= 55.7cm/22.63inch
Crank= 16.5cm/6.49inch
Seattube diameter=250mm(aprox, is that possible???)
The rims read something like= "Dunlop 28 x 1"? And i think "made in the Uk PAt" and a patent numer, you can see these on the photos.
The tires are 28x 1 5/8 x 1 1/4 (700x32)

Well thats most of the data I got. These are the pics!

After a quick look, the rims would be 26 x 1 1/4, the colour certainly looks like a Raleigh colour. Many different models were made for export. By 1947 we were just about getting chrome plate again, possibly with export priority.
If you can find a catalogue, the things to look for are the brazed on muguard eyes, the headclip and 3 pin detachable chainring. These were all very much pre WW2 style.
Light brown saddles are really recent, all old Brooks saddles were dyed very dark.

Back