please HELP me figure out if my lopro takes 700c,650c or 24&

luckyskull76

Retro Guru
hello all,
i have picked up a Langdale lightweight Lo-Pro, i have been trying to get hold of the correct forks and front wheel for a few weeks now. so far i have been given very mixed advice. out of interest, i decided to put a 700c fork and wheelset on the frame......it seems to look ok, am i wrong? could this frame be 700c front and rear? not sure if this will help, but the frame number is: 8513, was built by B.E. Pinky Green for Langdale Lightweights. its rider was a guy called "Julian Bear" (written on the toptube).......any more advice, personal opinions would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks, Luke

DSC00065_zps24329947.jpg

Certainly not for 24", the seat tube would be nearly vertical. Could well be for 700 wheels, seat tube angle is still plenty steep enough with those forks in and a lot more sensible in that you only need one size of spare tyre/tube.

Probably frame number 13 of 1985, the frame design fits with that era of TT'ing.

Never heard of the rider.

i really love the frame, and want to get it built asap. if it is 700c f+r it will get done a lot faster.......just need forks with about 130mm steerer to test it.

Back