Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:22 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:57 pm
Posts: 774
FWIW Campagnolo 10 short cage rear mechs will happily cope with a 29 rear sprocket.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 pm
Posts: 51
monty dog wrote:
FWIW Campagnolo 10 short cage rear mechs will happily cope with a 29 rear sprocket.


And with a compact. I sometimes use Campag 10 speed compact with a 13-29 cassette on short cage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 pm
Posts: 805
Location: North London
rolf f wrote:
monty dog wrote:
FWIW Campagnolo 10 short cage rear mechs will happily cope with a 29 rear sprocket.


And with a compact. I sometimes use Campag 10 speed compact with a 13-29 cassette on short cage.


With regards to the above quotes, does this just apply with 10spd mechs?

Seems as often is the case there's a discrepancy between what campagnolo can 'officially' do and what you can get away with. For the new 10spd build I'm putting together my local Campag dealer advised me to use med cage for compact and 12-27.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:25 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:30 pm
Posts: 51
riddim-track wrote:
rolf f wrote:
monty dog wrote:
FWIW Campagnolo 10 short cage rear mechs will happily cope with a 29 rear sprocket.


And with a compact. I sometimes use Campag 10 speed compact with a 13-29 cassette on short cage.


With regards to the above quotes, does this just apply with 10spd mechs?

Seems as often is the case there's a discrepancy between what campagnolo can 'officially' do and what you can get away with. For the new 10spd build I'm putting together my local Campag dealer advised me to use med cage for compact and 12-27.


I think that that ties in with the official line as I recall my 13-29 setup was one tooth greater than recommended. However, my impression is that the mech could probably handle 13-30 if such a cassette was available. Might be wrong but it doesn't feel as though it is right on the limit. I think (maybe wrong) that the more recent 10 spd rear mech manuals have dropped the reference to the 13-29 not being suitable for the medium cage which I'm not sure you can actually get anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group