Suicide bars, anyone?

Those crazy Dutch. Thats Aero shopper style.

By the way, has anyone managed to buy anything off this auction site.

Every time I bid it takes at least a week to get a reply then as soon as it involves posting outside Holland they go cold.

Paypal seems to be a bit of a mystery to them too. It's all bank transfer.

@Daz: It has brake callipers and it has levers on the drop bars, but no levers on the flat bars. I know my reflexes wouldn't be sharp enough to swap to the drop bars every time I needed to stop suddenly. Especially after a few Amstels.

@Bugloss: A lot of the Dutch and Belgian sites carry warnings that messages written in English are usually scams, and there have been some well publicised cases of rip offs, so if you're writing in English maybe that's why. Also, postal rates for foreign deliveries are really high, certainly in Belgium and maybe in NL too. I don't know why they don't use Paypal though (apart from the fact that it generally sucks and is a bit of a rip off).

I just find it a bit annoying waiting for the money to clear into my Paypal account. Sometimes it takes up to four days.

I used marktplaas only once and everything went smoothly. No problems in posting to Spain and ok to use Paypal.
Nice Dutch chap. Curiously, he had a Spanish girlfriend and spoke some Spanish.

Latest posts

Back