Anyone fitted 700c wheels on a MTB frame?

Yes

On a rigid ridgeback, good ground clearance but only sufficient tyre clearance for cyclo x tyres. Fitted dual pivot road bike brakes as the canti posts were now in the wrong place.

Only really worth trying with disc brakes as only thing to worry about is wheel diameter clearance.

Off road fixed gear riding would be a potential use due to the b/b clearance.

Try it for a laugh but dont expect it to work well if even at all !

Cheers

Cannondale used to sell both hardtails and full suss with two sets of wheels, one 26" and one 700c. Both wheels had discs to make for easier swops

Wheels

Hi, Ive got 700c built on Hope disc hubs on an Orange Evo2 frame. Goes like stink and stops dead. I'm going to do the same with a Fisher Sugar frame - the potholes about here are horrendous.

Re: Wheels

lelobysfoot":3e6e6mq3 said:
Hi, Ive got 700c built on Hope disc hubs on an Orange Evo2 frame. Goes like stink and stops dead. I'm going to do the same with a Fisher Sugar frame - the potholes about here are horrendous.

Could you post pics?

Pics

I'll try next week - posting pics is not my forte. It got me into a pickle before when I posted someone elses pics somehow by mistake!?!?
I'll try PMing you later.
Cheers.

Re: Pics

lelobysfoot":j1k5xj8o said:
I'll try next week - posting pics is not my forte. It got me into a pickle before when I posted someone elses pics somehow by mistake!?!?
I'll try PMing you later.
Cheers.

Thats great

Thank you

One of my pals rides an on one with discs, 700c wheels, drops and guards as a winter bike. Works ok.

Back