Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:26 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 am 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm
Posts: 9
Johnsqual wrote:
Look KG was (is?) a full range of racing bikes so price depends on the exact model, as well as condition and so on. If it's one of the carbon fibre ones you need to check the condition very carefully if you're planning to ride it. They seem to be collectable, with some going for serious prices on ebay. It depends what you want it for - possibly too nice and too valuable to be a regular commuter bike.

Yeah just been reading into it a bit further and probably seems too nice a bike for that, but i do have my regular road bike atm so might just convert that to a single speed and use it for commuting then the Lookg KG for my main long rides which i do...

I was looking at the LookKG241... a frame + forks went for 140£ a few days ago...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:34 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 pm
Posts: 616
Location: London
Where did one go for £140? That's a good price. Looks are one of the nicest bike brands IMHO, existing uniquely between old and new styling and technology, alongside a few select bikes, such as the Vitus 992


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:44 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm
Posts: 9
grilla wrote:
Where did one go for £140? That's a good price. Looks are one of the nicest bike brands IMHO, existing uniquely between old and new styling and technology, alongside a few select bikes, such as the Vitus 992


Was just on ebay being sold second hand... such a steal!! the vitus 992? ill take a look at it, cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:00 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 10798
Location: Manchester, UK
forthelulz wrote:
grilla wrote:
Where did one go for £140? That's a good price. Looks are one of the nicest bike brands IMHO, existing uniquely between old and new styling and technology, alongside a few select bikes, such as the Vitus 992


Was just on ebay being sold second hand... such a steal!! the vitus 992? ill take a look at it, cheers


remember you need horizontal drop outs if you're fitting a fixed cog on the rear wheel!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm
Posts: 9
Dead Rats wrote:
forthelulz wrote:
grilla wrote:
Where did one go for £140? That's a good price. Looks are one of the nicest bike brands IMHO, existing uniquely between old and new styling and technology, alongside a few select bikes, such as the Vitus 992


Was just on ebay being sold second hand... such a steal!! the vitus 992? ill take a look at it, cheers


remember you need horizontal drop outs if you're fitting a fixed cog on the rear wheel!

Yeah gonna use a flip flop hub cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:15 pm
Posts: 16
I am going to try and restore some bikes as well so a great thread!

My friend is riding in a Sportive in Italy on a Retro bike next month and it just looks amazing. I love my modern road bike but his just has elegance.

I do triathlons so hope to find a few bikes that I can restore a little and then sell on purely to pay the entry fee for Tris.

if i find one with a 49cm frame (I am a short arse!) then will keep it for myself!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fossala, kingbling and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group