peugeot race bike price??

Thats a Peugeot 'Comete' from around 1986 with the tubing 'forced' and bonded to the lugwork.

Unfortunately the do crack around the lugs and need inspecting very carefully. Ebay is your friend and if in good condition, maybe up to £200

ok thanks for the info.

so any really dirt cheap run about race/road bikes that can be recommended?

the reason i ask here is just because i'd like to find a bike that rides well. Im not bothered about looks or components or any of that stuff - got the holdsworth project for that stuff.

how about this MBK?

http://i.imgur.com/3YuBA.jpg

The MBK should be fine if its the right size for you. Loads of unloved Dawes and Raleigh road bikes from the late 1990's hanging around. Just watch for worn out drive train and cracks in aluminium frames.

tough question to answer , loads of cheapish bikes out there . but then what me and you call cheap could be £200 apart .

theres a few people on here who always have a couple of spare bikes for sale and one of them might be local to you , so let us know where you are and what size you are ? and hey presto you might find a bike that falls into your budget on your doorstep .

if cheap is sub 100 area then try local auction houses along with friday ads and of course flea bay

for that kinda budget should have no probs , but will be narrowed due to frame size required . loads of big old Raleigh's out there for sure .

always welcome to come and try one if local to me but nothing that size

Back