Shimano 105 kit

Donny

Retro Newbie
Hi all

I am well cheesed off....

Wanted to install shimano 105 complete set on my falcon banana, but looking at the derailiure seems I cant as my frame has no derailiure threaded lug.

Bummer..

Yes those things that are now on used exclusively on cheap superstore bikes. Quite useful for older build though.

Blimey that's cheap :) They were an absolute fortune back in the 70's if we had to order one from a factor........

Shaun

Midlife":1as3bt2d said:
Blimey that's cheap :) They were an absolute fortune back in the 70's if we had to order one from a factor........

Shaun

indeed

that's how I finding

cheap me :p

Donny":7x4tus72 said:
Hi all

I am well cheesed off....

Wanted to install shimano 105 complete set on my falcon banana, but looking at the derailiure seems I cant as my frame has no derailiure threaded lug.

Bummer..
If you've removed the old dérailleur from the frame it should have a mech hanger on it that should unscrew.

thanks guys and thanks dead rats, the link was just the jobby and have ordered..

Cheers now i am not cheesed off.

Don

No GasPipeWarrior it was a fully riveted cheap job. It is why I am revamping the old girl up..

Donny":3afhm3gk said:
No GasPipeWarrior it was a fully riveted cheap job. It is why I am revamping the old girl up..

Lucky ol' me then - my freecycled Banana may have come with the original Shimano components which is why I could change the hanger when it went Pete Tong.

Latest posts

Back