Help me find out about my Guerciotti frame

Jackytwoshoes

Old School Hero
Excuse the muck and the previous lumped on paint- this is loved but dirty as it's my leave-around-town-without-getting-swiped bike.

I'd be interested in finding out some more about this frame. I love the way it rides.

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

Viner liked to have stars on their frames somewhere :) Higher end frames had stars on the top of the fork crown and "Viner" cut into the seat stays.

Depending on who you believe, some "viner" frames had a sort of "cross" cut into the lugs as they were built under a sub-contract arrangement......allegedly.

I came across Viner track frames at the Skol Six track events in london and wanted one ever since :)

Other manufacturers also went for a star motif but I can't think of any at the moment.........

Nice frame though :D

Shaun

Jackytwoshoes":19zre6fo said:
Excuse the muck and the previous lumped on paint- this is loved but dirty as it's my leave-around-town-without-getting-swiped bike.

I'd be interested in finding out some more about this frame. I love the way it rides.

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

IMG_4577.jpg

Andreas Mondonico built most of the top of line Guerciotti`s. I doubt if yours is though as I never saw Mondonico built one with MG eyes One way to maybe tell though, is if you have the BB out feel inside the tubes in the BB shell area If your fingers come out covered in blood from being pierced on the pins he used to hold the frame parts together prior to brazing then it could possibly be one of andreas`s

Back