Bought this Raleigh Dynatech 725ti Titanium bike today,info!

cipolinni

Old School Grand Master
Just back from a little journey this evening to collect a Raleigh Dynatech 725ti
Complete and original,hardly a mark on it,just needs a strip down to the frame,clean and re-build.
Although not to keen on the colour scheme,but this was the trend back then.

I have some photos of a similar bike but a 775ti model with shimano 600 (Ultegra) groupset.A nice looking grey titanium tubes with blue lugs/BB shell/seat tubes and chainstays from a 1993 Performance cyclist international.
I will load some photos of the magazine photos of the 775ti bike.
I am keen to re-finish it in the grey/blue colour scheme.

The elderly gentleman explained that he purchased it approx 20 yrs ago.
So somewhere in the region of 1992-3.
Full Shiamano 105 groupset,Sti levers.
Mavic MA2 Rims.Selle Italia Turbomatic saddle in mint condition
He also added that he did have the original Raleigh certificate with signature of maybe frame builder or Raleigh employee when he bought it,he will try and find it,cross fingers for that.
He paid just shy of £900 for it!!!!!
Not going to reveal the price paid .

Can anyone confirm the year or how i can find any frame numbering that would confirm this.

Attachments

• DSCF2186.jpg
    DSCF2186.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3,099
  • DSCF2185.jpg
    DSCF2185.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3,098
  • DSCF2184.jpg
    DSCF2184.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 3,098
  • DSCF2183.jpg
    DSCF2183.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,098
raleigh

Thanks for the comments
I was thinking of re-finishing in 755ti colour scheme of Grey main tubes,seat and seatstays, forks in blue
Iv'e seen a photo in a 1993 Performance cyclist international
April copy,looks absolutely stunning
Should i re-finsh or keep it original although i'm not to keen on the colour scheme especially the pink

You know it would be a real shame to strip off an original paint job in such good condition just to satisfy a whim. If you don't like it why buy it in the first place? I think you ought to sell it on to someone who'll accept the classic Dyna-Tech paint job and love it for what it is.

Moan over....

Mark.

raleigh

Good point
Plus the fact i cannot get original decals,also been told that a re-finish could damage the bonding of the lugs.
Think i'll take your advice,i will remove all components and clean and regrease headset,bb etc.clean all components and re-build.
Get some gum walled tyres and ride the hell out of it.
Keep watching for updates and photos

Just done a slightly wrong, involuntary shudder of desire on seeing that. I do love Dyna-Techs. My size too...

raleigh

Ok guys
The strip down starts today,components not paint!!!!
I will update the post with photos of all the components,frame/forks removed and ready for cleaning and assembly.
Looking forward to this project,and riding it of course.

Cipo

daccordimark":2jtmcv26 said:
You know it would be a real shame to strip off an original paint job in such good condition just to satisfy a whim. If you don't like it why buy it in the first place? I think you ought to sell it on to someone who'll accept the classic Dyna-Tech paint job and love it for what it is.

Moan over....

Mark.

To be fair the red (or should it be pink?) does look a bit faded. However give it 10+ more years and original spec Dyna Techs will probably be extremely collectable and valuable hence I'd mask it and respray those areas only.

raleigh

Here we are guys,have worked on the Raleigh all day,beautiful day here in North Wales.
Removed all components,cleaned the frame/forks thoroughly,polished and checked for any blemishes etc.
Absolutely fantastic condition,minimal decal imperfections.
As you can see in the photos,the front forks,head tube and lugs have faded considerably,the gentleman had it hanging in the garage in direct sunlight.
What iv'e found in the main frame tubing (Titanium) is a match for the dark cherry like colour which i assume was used on the above faded area.
Therfor am anxious to mask and paint the alloy bits,and laquer.
I don't think this will impair it's originality.

Next step is deciding whether or not to paint the alloy bits.
Clean all components,wheels etc and re-fit.

Frame size:
C-C Top Tube 58cm
C-T Seat Tube 59.5cm
Seat Post diameter 26.4

Frame Serial number 04051404
Frame number under BB D20215

Cipo

Attachments

• DSCF2191.jpg
    DSCF2191.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,905
  • DSCF2190.jpg