A mixed bag of delight

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Its amazing how it works out sometimes. I am usually the kind of builder that will go for a the full group set, or as near as damn it, when it comes to building my bikes.
Yet i have been sitting on a Koga Gents Luxe frame a for a while and short of cash I put together a real mixed bag of stuff I had lying around. This consists of 105 cranks and mechs, AX down tube shifters and DA calipers and levers... The wheels are Campag Strata..
It has fast become my have bike. Its not the prettiest flower in the bunch but certainly my favourite.

Your bike does not have a complete groupset!!!???? I cannot believe you have confessed to that, no wonder you've had no replies....

Seriously (yes that was my attempt at humour) as long as it all gels together ok then why not eh? That said I tend not to do it myself but that's just because my ego won't let me ;)

i like to see some pictures.as long as it all work and you can get some miles on it who care whats on it.
cheers dave

Agreed - can we see some pictures? I'm currently building a bike with stuff I have lying around the garage, it will be a bit different once it's finished. And personally I find the "build to a budget" builds are often just as enjoyable to watch as the "must get a bike under 7kg" builds.

Back