Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:23 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:20 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Brighton. UK.
Just a thought, it would be one helluva show! I can't recall anything in the past. Could it ever happen? Share some floor space with another established bike show maybe?
Mods, put me in my place if this is likely to cause you a headache!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:24 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm
Posts: 8245
Location: Cumbria
In my alter ego I have a 400 odd BHP Methanol injected road going Subaru Impreza and the local / national groups go to many events so don't see why not ?

Shaun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:35 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3098
Location: Riding my Woodsie.
We could all just come round to your garden and see your lovely Raleighs. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:27 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5132
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
There's the annual Bygone Bykes Club Classic Lightweight Show held in Yorkshire, the next will be in April in Sheffield. I always post a heads up for it. Photo shows a small section from the 2011 event.

Don't know of any others although there is generally a display at York 'Rally' (or whatever they call it now).


Attachments:
Classic Show 2011.3.A.jpg
Classic Show 2011.3.A.jpg [ 212.6 KiB | Viewed 702 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 4:13 pm
Posts: 636
Location: Scarborough
It's a great idea; there are plenty of bikes on here that I would love to see in the steel. It was great being able to see Ned's Flandria inspired ride at the Sheffield show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:49 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Brighton. UK.
Old Ned wrote:
There's the annual Bygone Bykes Club Classic Lightweight Show held in Yorkshire, the next will be in April in Sheffield. I always post a heads up for it. Photo shows a small section from the 2011 event.

Don't know of any others although there is generally a display at York 'Rally' (or whatever they call it now).


I've seen your posts on this show and think it looks great. A bigger, central show would be spot on but I guess I'm just dreaming :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:51 pm
Posts: 1080
Location: Brighton. UK.
firedfromthecircus wrote:
We could all just come round to your garden and see your lovely Raleighs. :wink:


Looks like it's just the four of us :lol:
I'll get the beers chilling :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:01 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
This will sound hugely egotistical, but I have previously thought of renting out the gallery next door to my house in order to do a show of my pace and other interesting oddities, with lots of jo burt pace art on the walls.

Sorry I hadn't realised I had strayed into roadie land, but hey, still keen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:22 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6850
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
I think this is a nice idea, but despite the apparent number of enthusiasts on this forum, across all retro interests, I think the actual uptake would be pretty low.

However, if it could be tagged onto another show, something like Bespoked in Bristol, or a transport museum open day / weekend, then I think there would be not only a draw for the non-retro aware, but also additional exhibits of interest for the retro crowd.

The choice of venue would be a tough one, York rail museum? The National Motorcycle Museum in Brum? Brookland? Beaulieu? Haynes museum in Yeovil? The choice is almost endless.

P.s. I like the idea of a Jo Burt / Mint Sauce exhibit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm
Posts: 5132
Location: Wakefield, Yorkshire
NeilM wrote:
I think this is a nice idea, but despite the apparent number of enthusiasts on this forum, across all retro interests, I think the actual uptake would be pretty low.

However, if it could be tagged onto another show, something like Bespoked in Bristol, or a transport museum open day / weekend, then I think there would be not only a draw for the non-retro aware, but also additional exhibits of interest for the retro crowd.

The choice of venue would be a tough one, York rail museum? The National Motorcycle Museum in Brum? Brookland? Beaulieu? Haynes museum in Yeovil? The choice is almost endless.

P.s. I like the idea of a Jo Burt / Mint Sauce exhibit.


Brooklands have a historic and classic display at their September Cycling weekend, organised by the VCC. I went last year but it wasn't that good in my opinion - but I'm probably over-influenced by our own Yorkshire Classic Show.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tgb55 and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group