Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:19 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which one would you keep
Holdsworth Pro 56%  56%  [ 10 ]
Raleigh Team Pro 44%  44%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 18
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
I'd keep the Holdsworth.... but only because I really like the colour 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:33 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm
Posts: 8223
Location: Cumbria
Just curious as Camyoldy has some levers with the older style hoods for £200 AFAIK.

Shaun


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:48 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 34
NeilM wrote:
I'd keep the Holdsworth.... but only because I really like the colour 8)


Yeah the photos don't do the colour justice. The orange is stunning in the flesh and looks amazing with all the shiny bits bolted onto it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 34
Midlife wrote:
Just curious as Camyoldy has some levers with the older style hoods for £200 AFAIK.

Shaun


wow that seems alot!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 34
Its funny, its completely the opposite on LFGSS. Everyone on there says I should keep the Holdsworth


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:27 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 7:56 pm
Posts: 264
cce wrote:
which one do you prefer riding?


quite.

I would do some more miles on the Raleigh and see how you get on with it. No point selling a bike you know works for you for one that might not.

I too love the colour of the holdsworth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: bikes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:33 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:16 pm
Posts: 3271
Location: north wales
Keep the Raleigh mate,take the guys advice on the saddle,tyres etc.
Got one, love it ,keeping it.
One of my best rides, if not the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No contest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:06 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:38 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: The Lovely Lincolnshire Wolds and by the sea in Sussex
ronnie85 wrote:
Its funny, its completely the opposite on LFGSS. Everyone on there says I should keep the Holdsworth


Assuming most of the"members"of LGFSS are Londoners that might be the reason they'd prefer the Holdsworth.

However, I'm being more than a little fussy - I'm not sure your Holdsworth is a Professional and I'd like to ask you why you refer to the Raleigh as a"Team Pro"?

They both look nice though - whatever you call them. I personally have a soft spot for both makes and if you had a Holdsworth Professional I'd keep that over the Raleigh...if it's money then keep the one you'd get the least for. Or, as other posters have said keep the one you like.

I have a soft spot for both makes at the top end of their ranges.

Roadking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 34
gregs656 wrote:
cce wrote:
which one do you prefer riding?


quite.

I would do some more miles on the Raleigh and see how you get on with it. No point selling a bike you know works for you for one that might not.

I too love the colour of the holdsworth.


I did a long ride on it today, and as said in the first post, cant really split them in terms of ride.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm
Posts: 34
roadking wrote:
ronnie85 wrote:
Its funny, its completely the opposite on LFGSS. Everyone on there says I should keep the Holdsworth


Assuming most of the"members"of LGFSS are Londoners that might be the reason they'd prefer the Holdsworth.

However, I'm being more than a little fussy - I'm not sure your Holdsworth is a Professional and I'd like to ask you why you refer to the Raleigh as a"Team Pro"?

They both look nice though - whatever you call them. I personally have a soft spot for both makes and if you had a Holdsworth Professional I'd keep that over the Raleigh...if it's money then keep the one you'd get the least for. Or, as other posters have said keep the one you like.

I have a soft spot for both makes at the top end of their ranges.

Roadking.


The Holdsworth is definately a pro, did lots of research. I called the Raleigh a team pro as thats what others were calling it. But if thats wrong whats it called? team replica it says in the brochure i think


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group