Here are some pictures of my Cinelli frame

Shaun
Can you tell me anymore information on the frame, I know very little about it, I think it was bought direct from Italy,
But I know little more
Neil

negaultra7":3kldhmvy said:
Here are some pictures of my Cinelli frame.thanks. Neil

This is to save other members slicking on every other link ;)

P1040338.jpg

P1040339.jpg

P1040341.jpg

P1040342.jpg

P1040343.jpg

P1040344.jpg

P1040345.jpg

P1040346.jpg

P1040347.jpg

P1040348.jpg

P1040349.jpg

P1040351.jpg

P1040352.jpg

In the mid 1950's Ron Kitching imported Cinelli, the super corsa being 531 with sloping crown, and the model b in some plain guage material, typical of Italian bikes of the time, heavy but nicely built. The SC was in Ivory, quickly changed to orange, and 531. The B was in a translucent green. On my screen yours appears to be blue, so may be later or not bought through Ron.

The Sun is a typical 1960's ish Raleigh mass produced as Carlton, Bsa, etc. in Worksop.

Urago were brought in mid 50's by A P C Bowles, and others. Quite decent but fairly ordinary frame, but looks a bit later. I seem to remember these were made in the south of France, certainly looks French. Gnutti splined cotterless and simplex chainrings, I remember in 1955 taking 50 of these chainsets from Mr Bowles, with the rather poor original 47 x 50 chainrings, and selling them for £2.50 each. They tended to loosen on the splines. Perhaps they had been supplied with the frames.

Most of Harris production was low end bikes aimed at the schoolboy market, as were Carlton. This one is rather better, looks like it had a 49D chainset, some info out there. It was a bad time to be in bike manufacturing. You might find most of his book on line somewhere, were Falcon involved at the end?

If the campag rear mech is the same age it will say "patent-*" on the top, where the star is the year of manufacture :)

Shaun

Nice, the combination of MAFAC and Universal brake parts. A common combination at that time. In superb condition as well. Love tot see it completed some time...

As an aside, don't let the lack of braze on's fool you into thinking it's a cheap frame....

My Falcon of the same era has essentially no braze ons and this was a deliberate ploy to get the frame fitted with the full Campag cable clips and guides for the full "Campag" effect :)

Daft question but is it for sale?

Shaun

On a second look it suggests to me that it was a complete bike from italy, late 1960's and the Universal 51's were scrapped in favour of the more popular mafac. The front cable hanger should have had a cup/ferrule to support the outer cable, result is the frayed inner.
The Campagnolo set looks original, and buying the whole group set on a complete bike was an economical option.
I bought our last 2 (recently sold) top end pro bikes with camagnolo titanium set complete with Mavic SSC's for £500 each when the group set onl6y retailed here for £430.

Back