Early 40's track bike information

stz7

Dirt Disciple
Hello all after a bit of help please?!? Have been lucky enough to aquire a David cycle Co track bike. Frame numer 4318, so I think possibly the 18th made in 1943?

Just wonder if anyone had any info on the company or bike. From the national cycle musuem catalogues i think its The 'David' sprint iron, as its the track bike in the catalogue but am mindful the catalogue is marked as 1930's and and this I believe to be 1943 from both the frame number and the history of the machine.

I know the David cycle comapny were at 193 the Broadway in Southall but thats about it.

Any info / help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Attachments

• The David head badge.jpg
    The David head badge.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 827
Hi, well that's an obscure make, could we see a bit more of the frame, it may help in guessing the year. 1943 is possible ( the war did finish a lot of marques ), or it could be the '4' is important and its 1934 ( early clauds do this ), so getting a full look at the angles, dropouts and the frame build may help, but on the other hand it may not ! Terry

I would suspect that people were somewhat preoccupied in 1943 to build it.
Few bikes were built during the war as production was turned to other things.

Hi, what a nice old frame, having had a quick look, I would guess late thirties or forties. If I have time during the week I'll do a bit of digging for you and try and find out more. Terry

Back