Need Help Identifying Bike

Andrew S

Retro Newbie
I have been given this bike and although it has Colnago Stickers on it I want to be certain what bike it is.

I have attached some photo's of distinguishing bits (I hope)

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Hmm........ Colnago's usually had some panto work on the frame / top of forks or cloverleaf somewhere in the lugwork.. Looks like a generic 80's and later frame.

Mind you I'm not a colnago expert and might be wrong.

Shaun

Who ever made the holes in the top tube for the cables wants shooting! even though
its not a colnago, if those holes are not strengthened you have two major weak spots.

The spearhead/fork on the rear stays rings a bell, no doubt some will put the finger on it.

Who ever put the colnago stickers on should have used actual colnago bikes as reference.

Ian, Didn't some frames have internal strengtheners around the cable holes? has drilled dropout for poracena (spelling) so not cheap tat........just not a Colnago imho.

Shaun

Yeh Shaun many 80's TT bikes used that sort of method to have a smooth look but on a frame
like that and the position of the slots looks wrong and too close to each other.
I wonder if the OP would remove the brake cable so i can settle down and relax.

I saw a nice frame once at a bike jumble and someone had just drilled holes in the frame for the gear and brake cables :oops:

Noted the hole in the back stay for that 'gadget' too ...lol

I think the bike is something French made to look Italian.

Thanks for the replies so far guys. On the rear drop outs it is stamped campagnolo.

I think the holes on the top tube should be there, I can't feel as if cable guides have been removed, either from top or underneath the top tube.

It does have a frame number stamped on the bottom bracket, would that help find the make.

Andrew

Back