brake lever rubbers to fit campag gran sport levers ?

rob f

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking to buy some rubber thingees to fit my old Campagnolo gran Sport brake levers. My old hands are getting sore just gripping the metal lever bodies.

I'm not wanting to spend my life savings on some NOS ones. Can anyone recommend any other more "cost effective" solutions ?

Has anyone tried Dia Comp or Hudz that I have seen on ebay ? DO they fit well ? The Hudz look reasonable if you can find them in a colour that doesn't make you want to vomit.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have a set of brown dia-compe lever hoods that fit well on campag NR levers.

I also had some gum modolo hoods but I found they were a bit big.

I bought some reproduction campagnolo gum hoods from a guy in Livorno in Italy. They are quite nice quality. Price was €30 a set, which while not cheap,
is not as expensive as NOS genuine ones.

Good luck,

Johnny

Thanks for the tips, I guess I need to try to get some Dia Comp

Has anyone used the hudz ?

Yes, they seem expensive & are described as being thinner than the originals, which seems to defeat the point in getting them, since I'm not looking to buy for cosmetic reasons.

I'm not really understanding why Hudz seem to make every putrid colour under the sun apart from black & tan. Weird .....

I'm rebuilding this old beauty and those hoods are last piece of the puzzle.

7764199528_7c24b83ae4_c.jpg

I'll try and PM old ned then.

Back