Giant TCR 1998 Mech Hanger Screw

HulaBoy

Retro Newbie
Anyone know where i can get a replacement mech hanger screw for my 98 TCR?
As you can see one has worked loose and fallen out (behind the QR).
Tried my local bike shops and Giant themselves but to no avail.
If you want to see the whole bike it's in my pics!
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• 2012-08-22 10.33.10.jpg
    2012-08-22 10.33.10.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 512
It doesn't look like anything particularly special. I am surprised that no one could help you. You could possibly try taking the other screw off an taking it into a few local places - I'd have thought a quick dig through their 'nuts and bolts' draw would come up with something.

Hanger bolt

Yup.greggs 656 is right. Dont go asking for it by name though as the instant answer will be no.If it is just a bolt they are more likely to have a good look for you. You need an old established bike shop that does repairs. They will have boxes of all sorts of bits. After that an Engineering supplier or good hardware shop. We have an agricultural merchant near here and they keep masses of nuts and bolts for the farmers If you can establish the thread you need then you have the whole internet to go at.Try asking your mates as well.Most of us have boxes of stuff that might come in useful one day If it really is something you cant get then look at re threading to convert to something more common.If you have the room you could fit a loose one with a nut on the inside. Tis all part of the wonderful world of retro biking. Best of luck
Peter

As above. Easiest thing is so take out the other one and take it to a fasteners supplier and just ask for a few the same. At least them you'll get the correct thread form and size.

Back