Help with wheels

Dmnic3

Dirt Disciple
I've got an old Raleigh frame that I am hoping to ride at the weekends. I'm looking for some 700c but it's my first ever racer so I don't want to spend too much on it at the moment. Does anyone know where I can get some fairly cheap?

Cheers.

Depends on your definition of cheap, I had a friend tell me yesterday that Shimano WH-6700 where too cheap, and they are £250/pr!!!

Most people's definition of cheap would be something like Shimano RS10s at ~£90/pair.

I had a pair of the predecessors to them, the R500s, they were brill, and a world away from the Vuelta wheels that came with that bike (A Claud Butler Roubaix).

If those are a bit steep for you, have a poke around at Bankrupt Bike Parts' eBay shop, you might find a half decent pair there for not a lot of money. This will take to straight to wheels: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bankrupt-bike- ... 34.c0.m322

One thing you did fail to mention is Shimano or Campag? Another is 5/6/7/8/9/10 speed?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back