Does anybody know where I can get one of these?

kettlo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am looking for a chrome chainstay protector without any branding for my Merckx frame. I dont want one of these because the Merckx typeface is fifferent from the 90's standard. I would prefer not to have the Campagnolo version either but just a plain one.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

protector.jpg

Why not visit a vinyl sign writer company and ask for an off cut of chrome foil vinyl ?

For a couple of quid you maybe able to get a 2 feet by 6 inch piece of vinyl foil and then cut your own size/shape to match your frame.

I got myself some gold chrome vinyl and so far three mates have copied me :D

doggyjack003.jpg

kettlo":1wgwx6m2 said:
Looks great, will have to look in to that.....

The thing is with vinyl chrome you can cut it to any shape you please, thats if your good with a craft knife
I normally make a paper template of where the foil has to go, then when happy cut the actual foil out
and apply to the frame carefully, One friend has actually covered his rear stays and looks like its chrome plated :cool:

Hi Kettlo :) PM your address buddy & I'll ship it out to you :) (assuming I can find it :roll: ) I know I've got 1 somewhere. Later buddy, Laz.

Thanks for that but I really wanted the chrome one for a restoration to give it that late 80's early 90's look. The joke about it is, is that it's only really for the look of it and not the protection....

I've got a used one on my Rossin that I hate a lot.
So if you can wait a couple of weeks till I get to London you can have it gratis.

You cover the post bit though.

Pm me.

Thanks very much, but a very kind gentleman on here has sorted me out with one already, but maybe somebody else on here would take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks again

Stephen

Massive thanks to Lazarus, who has furnished me with an excellent example of the above mentioned item and all out of the kindness of his heart. A good man to know.......

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Back