Well, I've managed to get some progress in.. the rear fork is now 130mm wide, and properly aligned, and I've got all the components off, apart from the crank.
The crank is cottered, and is rather stuck. I added WD40 a couple of nights ago, got the hammer and some wood out this morning, and after much whacking with a hammer.. nowt but a slightly mashed cotter.
So, methinks.. I've got a ball joint separator - maybe that'll work! It might've done if it could get purchase, but it's designed for ball joints, and keeps slipping off. Tried a few things to keep it in place, but no joy.
Plan B - use a G clamp! No slippage..turn, turn, tu*CRACK* Two half clamps.
I'm gonna try heating up the cotter using a heat gun tomorrow, but I suspect this might be a job for the LBS!
The chrome restoration hasn't been going too well, either.. some bits have turned up lovely, but there's a lot of dinks where the chrome seems to have been chipped off, and there's a couple of big bits missing from the down tube. Might have to go for a re-coat!