this arrived today

dave72

Dirt Disciple
hi i this arrived to day. it's a terry dolan alloy frame.i had doubts about how original it was, but it had chevin cycles web address on it so i looked them up got there number and gave them a call and they confirmed that they sold terry dolan bikes and frames but they couldn't tell me year of production.
anyway hers some pictures.
slsbxs.jpg

290s9xy.jpg

260fifl.jpg

2hf2tfk.jpg

now for the nasty bits
69jlz7.jpg

2vvpfdx.jpg

2igdeua.jpg

i was considering getting it resprayed is there anywhere in the bournemouth/southampton area that can do this
cheers dave

Talking of Terry Dolan!

Anyone know if he was good at frame building in the 80's or did someone else make frames and he put his name on it ?

First bike frame i've seen with Terry Dolan on it :)

Ian.

this is why i was not sure if this frame was original as it was plastered with his name on it .
cheers dave

Terry Dolan built for Cougar in Liverpool during the early 80s if I recall correctly. Cant recall when he first built under his own name though !

Anyone know if he was good at frame building in the 80's or did someone else make frames and he put his name on it ?

IIRC he built Cougar frames late 80s-early 90s, but they're all brazed steel.
He sold the brand and started importing aluminium then carbon. I suspect this is a rebadged Italian of some sort.

He certainly isn't shy at putting his name around. I've got a tandem with at least 8 Dolans on it...:D

All the best,

If the frame is built from 6061 or scandium alloy then its probably Italian-sourced whereas 7000-series will be Taiwanese. Judging by the Colnago-esque paintjob, I would reckon is to be about 2000-2001, later if it has a 1.125" headset. I had a Dolan track frame of this era - one of the stiffest frames I've ever ridden, sadly demised due to cracked headtube.

If the frame is built from 6061 or scandium alloy then its probably Italian-sourced whereas 7000-series will be Taiwanese. Judging by the Colnago-esque paintjob, I would reckon is to be about 2000-2001, later if it has a 1.125" headset. I had a Dolan track frame of this era - one of the stiffest frames I've ever ridden, sadly demised due to cracked headtube.

how do i find out what type of tubing it has as has no tubing stickers on it. the serial number on the bottom bracket is aoa82845 if this means anything to any one please let me know.
cheers dave

Back