Not exactly retro...

I just fail to get excited over tandems. That said I met a local'ish guy that had a 50's Claud Butler; curved seat tube, beautiful lugs, it was rather stunning I just thought "shame its a tandem" :)

Track tandems are quite exciting though but I really would not ever want to be a stoker. Having your face that close to another mans posterior just doesn't sit very well with me....perhaps if the rider on the front was female that would be another matter :shock:

Tel":214mb3kg said:
Track tandems are quite exciting though but I really would not ever want to be a stoker.
Having your face that close to another mans posterior just doesn't sit very well with me....
perhaps if the rider on the front was female that would be another matter :shock:

I can just see you on the rear of a track bike with your face in Holly Willoughby's ass :shock:

Would this get your thoughts rumping with Holly Willoughby...
http://bikereviews.com/2010/01/speciali ... cept-bike/

Talking of Tandems wasn't there some Low profile tandems built back in the day !

tandems

With tandems no one sees the point until they ride one.I have four immaculate road bikes .An ultra short wheelbase woodrup. A low pro Steve Goff .A Kona Kapu in columbus genius and an Alan Shorter made up for cold rainy days. The reason they are all immaculate is they hardly ever get ridden. Its all down to an M.B.Dronfield road tandem. That and an Orbit M.T.B. one that I built up last year. Once you are in to these things they become addictive.They are a massive amount of fun .All the jokes about heads up bums etc are no more than jokes I assure you.We are getting close to 50 mph on the downhills around here and for a stoker with no steering and no brakes that takes a hell of a lot of trust. Theres nothing boring about tandems. Just the most enjoyable bikes we have ever owned.The Dronfield is probably the last bike I would ever consider selling.Borrow one and have a go.Just bear in mind it could be the end of your solo bike days

Back