What do you chaps wear when riding your retro road bikes?

Rich5ltr

Dirt Disciple
Well, is there a retro kit scene or do you just go for the most comfortable lycra bib-shorts and jersey yo ucan find? Just wondering :)

Hi, I maybe swimming against the flow here but when I ride my old bikes ( 1930s - 1970 ) it's just shorts and polo's, nothing clever just comfortable. Terry

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Retrobike kit

I also have vintage clothing (Miyata, Batavus, Dutch national and more), but Retrobike garments is what I wear riding.

Me riding >>

5574871426_ba13f6f208_z.jpg

I wear baggy shorts.

Modern shorts, old jerseys; it's not just the look, but the price: £15 vs. £50.

However, I did recently splash-out on a "retro inspired" Molteni jersey from Prendas: the difference in materials is marked!

ScillySuffolk":24xmw0wy said:
Modern shorts, old jerseys; it's not just the look, but the price: £15 vs. £50.

^^^ This ^^^

I really like bright tops, for both visibility and for fun.

I tend to stay away from 'team' type tops and just go for stuff that looks interesting.

With the elderly and myopic drivers in my part of the world, I need to give myself the best chance of being seen / staying alive.

I don't pay £15, more like £3.99. ;)

Well I just ordered some basic black bib-shorts which I can wear with a retro-style jersey also some baggy shorts over the top with my Orange mountain bike.

I can frighten children and old ladies with my legs, so they are always well covered with my trusty Ron Hill tracksters, with bib shorts underneath to protect my delicate's.

Back