Holdsworth Or Not?

abbiesdaddy

Dirt Disciple
hi all i'm new to this site but need help in identifying what i've bought, it's supposed to be a holdsworth but i can find no identification numbers on the frame or in the steerer tube. the bikes got some good gear on it but i'm confused over the frame. i can't upload pics as the files are too big but if you could take the time to have a look and comment the ebay item no. is 190704950531. any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Sakae Royal made bars for Falcon Cycles (Barton on Humber) but the "Falcon" marking was in their trademark font IIRC and not just plain.

Is there a frame number on it ?

Shaun

no can't find a number anywhere, i've just been looking at it again and daft thing is it looks right but it just smells a bit wrong because there's no frame no. and as i said in the thread there should have been all the no.s in the steerer tube from what i've researched so i don't know what to make of it.

Have you tried looking on the seat tube running down the back by the seat cluster? under the right side chainstay?

The frame looks early 80's and by that time there were quite a few manufacturers sourcing frames ready built from abroad..........not sure if they came numbered?

Shaun

definately no numbers anywhere, what i will say is the holdsworth emblem looks original and so do the transfers as they're are individual letters and not a full stick on HOLDSWORTH word as you'd expect a copy to be.

From the Falcon era of Holdsworths rather than the handmade in London era. Still quality bikes but some would say "not a real Holdsworth"

Cracking deal that though :D

yeah i've been researching all day and that's what i guessed. it seems to me from the 70's to the 80's especially as falcon took over it all becomes a muddy puddle identifying exactly what you've got which is a bit deflating but as you all say still a quality bike and for nothing really. i'm going to have to have a good think about keeping it or move on and look for an earlier one. anymore info still appreciated and would help me decide, thanks all.

Latest posts

Back