The BBC!!!!!!!

Robbied196

Senior Retro Guru
Had to pop on here and make this post, 'during the break' in coverage of the Olympic Road Race :evil:

The BBC have got plenty of dedicated channels to cover the Olympics so why the sudden unannounced channel swapping, breaks to promote other BBC programs and news updates? I'm finding it increasingly annoying and its only half way through!

I thought Danny Boyle's Olympic opening of the essence of Great Britian was brilliant, although I think the Great British institution of the BBC is definitely no longer 'great'.

Pass it to ITV4 who seemed to cover the Tour de France without issue!

Uninterrupted coverage on BBC red button - but you do have to cope with Hugh Porter's bungling commentary.

The olympic commentary, or frequent lack of it, put me right off watching it after the professionalism, in-depth knowledge and light-hearted banter of the ITV4 team during the TDF.

Think the BBC coverage is OK, but not as good as ITV's effort on the Tour, even though the Tour had ad breaks regularly with those stupid Hellfrauds promos on Craperra bikes...

monty dog":28w9xioz said:
Uninterrupted coverage on BBC red button - but you do have to cope with Hugh Porter's bungling commentary.

I started out on BBC1 got shifted to BBC3 then to Channel 301 off the red button, back to BBC3 then back to BBC1 for the finish.

Wish I'd sat outside in the sun :LOL:

I was surprised at the general cluelessness of the BBC effort. They did capture the group urination early on - fail! They seemed very short of information on what was happening and who was in the breakaway. Later in the day I was trying to get info on the radio and their dedicated sports channels 5Live and 5sports extra had the same stuff on which was about some car race and county cricket. When they went over to the road race, they had no info about the breakaway and did stuff like interviews with people from the Isle of Man. I suspect that the BBC have been caught out by the massive surge of interst in road racing and cannot cope.

Coverage was okay, but no rolling distance counter, almost no time gap info, and they should get better cameramen because most of today's were decidedly wobbly.

And how the heck could Porter and Boardman not know how many riders were in the final breakaway.

Gutted for Cav, and gutted for Cancellara.

All in all, pretty plop race. :(

Back