Need help finding details of this F.Moser frame

wpo750

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone, new to this board and new to 'old' bikes too in this sense.

I received my recent fleabay purchase today and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

moser.jpg

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Ignore the bodge job decals, they're coming off immediately and if anyone can help me source some Francesco Moser decals I'd be very grateful.

The bike was advertised to have Columbus SLX tubing but there is no sticker to verify. The groupset consists of Shimano 600 and 105 and is a few generations newer than the frame by the looks of it. The underside of the BB shows the 'FM' cutaway and stamped with a frame no. of 56.

If anyone has any knowledge of these frames or could help me with some history and spec, that'd be great.

Cheers ;)

classic older Moser frame

I'm responding to forum member "wpo750" or anyone else who might want to be in on the conversation. I am also looking for the decal set for the Moser that is the older style. Hey, wpo750, are you out there? You said you found decals locally and may have scanned them. How did that work out and did you find the exact same ones with Francesco Moser's face on the headtube and seat tube decals? Normally, Moser bikes that I see usually just have the name Moser on all the main tube decals, but the earlier Mosers had the face on them and some of the earlier models had the entire first name and last name "Francesco Moser" on the down tube, as opposed to just "F Moser" or "Moser". I'm trying to clarify what you had on all you tubes because only a couple photos are available now that I can see in your post and one is too dark, while the other shows Moser's face on the head tube, which appears to be like my decal on mine. Anyway, I would like to know what decals you found and if they included those with his face on it and if they are water-slide decals or the later plastic type? I sure would greatly appreciate anyone's help with figuring out where I can source these decals like on the headtube of your bike frame and probably the others too, once I see your other photos. Wpo750, would you mind emailing me some of the pics of your Moser frame so I can compare them with mine as well as let me know your source for decals locally and if they were the correct ones? Maybe you have your frame restored by now since you posted back in January I think it was. I'd greatly appreciate anyone contacting me about the early Mosers especially related to decals. I have searched on Google for quite some time and I have only been able to locate a handful of Moser frames from that era and none were like mine but your headtube decal.

Back