Older Campag with smaller BCD?

mattsccm

Senior Retro Guru
Does such as thing as a oldish Campag chainset with a smaller than the current norm BCD ever exist?
Age and a fascination for hills means I would like to run a compact c/s but I very much love the looks of old Record cranks.
I suppose something else with similar looks would do.
Any ideas?

I think one of the old Sugino Maxy cranks had a small BCD or you could try a Campagnolo Victory or Triomphe

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=39

E3D61DFB-C6A0-4CE2-8400-B1D56E33E3EC.jpeg

I really like these cranks. I'd forget the Sugino's though they're not what I was thinking....

......At my age I would consider Victory / Triomph cranks quite new :)

Having said that, your engraved and slotted cranks do look very nice :D might have to think about them if I convert my 74 TT frame to 10 speed :D

Shaun

:D You know it makes sense.....

Victory is as old as the hills! Just how old are you :D ;)

For a period Record build though perhaps a TA set up would be more in keeping?

I was born in the 50's Tel.....

My avatar is me on a Hull Thursday hill climb in the 70's on my Falcon San-Remo, specially made for me by Billy Holmes and finished in Giro D'Italia Pink LOL

Still like your polished / engraved / slotted cranks though :) Do they fit 70's bottom brackets?

Cheers

Shaun

144 BCD 52:44T chain rings a 6 speed corn cob (13-18T 6 speed frewwheel) on my Alan. It would change it for something more sensible if it was not so pretty. As far as I know campag cranks of old were 144 BCD.

Back